SIROCCO-GENESIS home page
sirocco-genesis is an interactive graphic user interface for model pre/post-processing (structured and unstructured grids) and database editing. It has basics Geographical Information System capabilities linked with numerical models pre/post-processing utilities. The most useful sections allows you to:
- build quality structured/unstructured meshes from scratch (automated processing and interactive editing)
- display many popular netcdf gridded database in their geographical context (MERCATOR-Ocean, Symphonie, ROMS, MARS, WW3, ECMWF, WRF, ...):
- layer display
- vertical profiles and sections
- horizontal sections
- time series etc...
- display/edit shorelines and ocean bathymetry dataset
- create quality printing files (true postscript, GIF, JPEG, etc...)
- and many other things...
sirocco-genesis software distribution is based on automake tools. New releases are routinely produced to fit users needs and fix bugs.
A user guide for installation is available here.
Minimal dataset for a quick start
Documentation (under construction)
the painful side of the story... We are now feeding the user manual and documentation pages, but the way is long...
In case where the latest release will not install properly on your machine, you can try your luck with former versions: