Par Webmaster Legos — Dernière modification 28/06/2012 14:44
ADCP treatment: notes from Alex Ganachaud
Noumea SADCP software usage (matlab+CODAS/P. Grimigni)
Example on Secalis-2:
- Goto SADCP/seca2/auto
- edit and run startup_adcp
- run contadcp
- in many places Alex G had to edit files so that eval(sprintf('%s ...',charept turns into eval(sprintf('cd %s ...'
- hourly data OK, correspond roughly to 0.2d with ALIS
- Station data produces several profiles per station
- Check all options (average, station, hourly) at once to get output files for each
- errors seem corrupted in netcdf outputs: use matlab.
- .mat files: velocity output and errors are repeated from one station to the next if next vector is not filled completely: needed to get back to the uv and xy files: need to input uv and xy files, then the reformated to get z and error !
Treatment for regional data base construction:
- Data selection:
- From Firing database: automatic selection: select_cruise_firing.m / list output in region_145_166_-15_-3_adcp_cruises.txt
- From Noumea database: automatic selection: select_cruises_fromnoumea.m / list output in region_145_166_-15_-3_adcp_cruises_noumea.txt
- From CSIRO: manual; list in region_solomon_adcp_cruises_csiro.txt
- Database construction: make_sadcp_regionalbase.m. or each section/cruise from preceeding list files:
- Calculates hourly averages if not already. Takes care of data gaps (calls, etc).
- Clean ADCP profiles in 3 steps: Step 1: Display any profile that is more than 2.5 std dev from the 20 surrounding profiles; prompt for manually data removal if needed
- Step 2: Filter test on second derivative (display if more than 7 std deviation from surrounding 20 profiles
- Step 3: Display chuncks of 20 profiles; visually check the chunk and removes outliers
- save database in a structure sadcp(icruise).xxx; list cruises in text file list_adcp_cruise_bydate_region_166_145_-15_-3.txt
- analyse_dbasesadcp.m : produces large figures with a) all profile location; b) by season; c) by layer with vector-averages and colour corresponding to time
- Layer average and conversion to OI input format
- champs_sadcp_u_and_v_rot_alex.m (original program: Q-P Duong)
Transports in Straits or sections:
- analyze_adcp_<secname>.m: finds adcp cruises that are within a box; show multiple plots; permits subselection for transports calculation
- trans_adcp_<secname>.m: projects adcp against a given track; calculates cross-flow velocities and transports.