Interferometric Evaluation of Glacier Rheology and Alterations.
link to project website
The general objective of the INTEGRAL initiative is to promote an advanced observation technology for the unsupervised detection, precise measurement and variational analysis of ice motion / deformation on large European glaciers based on the complementary use of radar interferometry and interferometric altimetry, and to support natural exploration, social-economic activities and subsequent surveys in the nival environment with equivalent rheological models and appropriate information on the glacier regime in the form of new value-added INSAR products.
Some results of LEGOS INTEGRAL Team
|Map "Tidewater glaciers of the Barents Sea Region". This is a reference map, showing tidewater glaciers of the Barents sea region (Franz-Josef Land, Novaya Zemlya and Svalbard), their boundaries, names and catalogue numbers.|
|Map . This map gives an overview of coverage of ENVISAT radar altimeter data of Svalbard, Novaya Zemlya and Franz-Josef Land.|
|Map . This map presents changes in the glacier fronts in Wahlenbergfjord for 1987-1998. Analysis is based on SPOT1-4 imagery for 1987, 1988, 1991, 1993 and 1998. Results show slow retreat for all glaciers except Ericabreen, and particularly large retreat at Etonbreen. In average Etonbreen and Basin 03 have been losing 0.7 km2/yr for the 1987-1998.|
|Map "Northern Novaya Zemlya outlet glaciers: 1990-2000 changes". This map shows outlet glacier changes in the northern NZ for 1990-2000. Most glaciers there are found to have retreated between 1990 and 2000.|
- Stand-alone modules (based on flash animation). Files are in two versions: swf file (flash animation, to be able to view the file you need to install flash player -
- and click on "install flash player") and *.exe file (Windows version, no flash player required)
|Austfonna remote sensing catalogue (visual and text catalogue of satellite data used within the project for studies of Austfonna, Svalbard).
swf file exe file
|Tidewater glaciers of the Barents Sea: Interactive GIS-atlas of tidewater glaciers using satellite imagery, cartographic layers and textual information. There are three modules:
Svalbard: swf file exe file
Novaya Zemlya: swf file exe file
Franz-Josef Land: swf file exe file
If you like the REGARD interface, you are free to use it. Here is the open version of the interface (*.fla file) using the example of the Franz-Josef Land. You can modify and fill it with your own data (see this file for more details).
- (1) Joanneum Research, Institute of Digital Image Processing (JR_DIB), Austria;
- (2) Centre for Polar Observation and Modelling (CPOM), University College London (UCL), UK;
- (3) Laboratoire d'etudes en geophysique et oceanographie spatiales (LEGOS), France,
- (4) GAMMA Remote Sensing Research and Consulting, Switzerland,
- (5) ENVEO - Environmental Earth Observation Information Technology GmbH, Austria,
- (6) Norwegian Polar Institute (NPI), Norway;
- (7) Scott Polar Research Institute, University of Cambridge (SPRI), UK;
- (8) Institute of Radioengineering and Electronics (IRE), Russia;